Almost Che: Delivery man Dae-Oh is hopelessly in love with the student Ye-Rin. Inspired by Che Guevara’s words he disguise himself as a student to make the impossible possible, but things get more revolutionary than he ever anticipated.
- Movie: Almost Che (English title) / Steel Dae-Oh Saving the Country (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Kangchul Dae-Oh: Kugukui Chulgabang
- Hangul: 강철대오 : 구국의 철가방
- Director: Yook Sang-Hyo
- Writer: Yook Sang-Hyo
- Producer: Lee Se-Young, Kim Bok-Keun, Ahn Hee-Chul
- Cinematographer: Kim Woo-Chae
- Release Date: October 25, 2012
- Runtime: 113 min.
- Genre: Comedy
- Distributor: Lotte Entertainment
Kang Dae-Oh (Kim In-Kwon) is a Chinese food deliveryman. He delivers food daily to to students at a women’s dormitory at a nearby university. Kang Dae-Oh then falls in love at first sight with a student named Seo Ye-Rin (Yoo Da-In), an activist in the student movement. To impress her, Kang Dae-Ho pretends to be part of the student political movement as well. This gets Kang Dae-Oh involved in the takeover of the U.S. Cultural Center in Seoul, South Korea …
- Based on the true incident of a sit-in protest by university activists at the U.S. Cultural Center in Seoul, South Korea in 1985.