Avengers Social Club is based on webcomic “부암동 복수자 소셜클럽/Buam-dong Revenge Social Club” by “사자토끼 / Sajatokki” which was published from 2014-Sep-2 to 2016-Dec-27 via “comic.daum.com/webtoon“.
It’s tells the story of three women from different walks of life – the daughter of a chaebol, an ahjumma in a fish market, and a housewife – come together to enact revenge.
- Drama: Avengers Social Club (English title) / Buam-dong Revengers (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Buamdong Boksoojadeul
- Hangul: 부암동 복수자들
- Director: Kwon Seok-Jang
- Writer: Sajatokki (webcomic), Kim Yi-Ji
- Network: tvN
- Episodes: 12
- Release Date: October 11 – November 16, 2017
- Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 21:30
Kim Jung-Hye is the daughter of a family who runs a big company. She appears straightforward and arrogant, but she is actually naive and cute. Her marriage was made to benefit both families. She tries her best as a wife, but she learns that her husband has betrayed her. To get revenge, she leads the “Bok-Ja Club.”
Hong Do-Hee sells fish at a traditional market and raises her two kids alone. Her husband passed away. She is bright and good natured. Her son gets involved in a violent incident at school. She joins the “Bok-Ja Club.”
Lee Mi-Sook was an orphan and married. She has tried hard to have a happy family with her university professor husband, but he is violent towards her. She begins to think about her life after she meets Kim Jung-Hye and and Hong Do-Hee.
Lee Soo-Gyum joins the “Bok-Ja Club” to take revenge on his biological parents. His father is Kim Jung-Hye’s husband. Before he married Kim Jung-Hye, he had a fling with a woman who gave birth to Lee Soo-Gyum. His biological parents have neglected him since.
- Avengers Social Club takes over tvN’s Wed. & Thu. 21:30 time slot previously occupied by “Criminal Minds” and followed by “Prison Playbook” November 22, 2017.
Avengers Social Club
Avengers Social Club.zip (104.7 KiB, 88 hits)