Behind The White Tower is based on novel “Shiroi Kyoto” by Toyoko Yamasaki (published from September, 1963 to June, 1965 in magazine Sunday Mainichi ).
- Drama: Behind The White Tower / The Great White Tower
- Revised romanization: Hayeon Keotap
- Hangul: 하얀 거탑 / 하얀거탑
- Director: An Pan-Seok, Kwan-seok Han
- Writer: Toyoko Yamasaki (novel)
- Network: MBC
- Episodes: 20
- Release Date: January 6 – March 11, 2007 / January 22 – March 15, 2018 (UHD version)
Set in a university hospital, Behind The White Tower follows one brilliant doctor’s relentless pursuit of his ambition to its conclusion. By microscopically depicting the hidden side of the medical profession, it sheds light on a variegated spectrum of human types. The show recounts the friendship and conflict between two male doctors, one with a brilliant gift for his craft and the other with an innate warmth and a firm devotion to the healing art, and tenaciously investigates the lust for power that moves human beings in the White tower that is the university hospital.