Dong Yi is set during the reign of King Sukjong in the Joseon dynasty, the story focuses on Dong Yi, a water maid who gains the trust of Queen Inhyeon and later the favour of the king when he is moved by her prayers for the health of the Queen during the court disputes caused by Jang Hee Bin. Dong Yi becomes a concubine with the rank of sook-bin and bears a son who will later become the 21st king of Joseon, Yeongjo.
- Drama: Dong Yi
- Revised romanization: Dong Yi
- Hangul: 동이
- Director: Lee Byung-Hoon, Kim Sang-Hyub
- Writer: Kim Yi-Young
- Network: MBC
- Episodes: 60
- Release Date: March 22 – October 12, 2010
“Dong Yi” is a historical drama based on the life of Dong-yi later known as Choi Suk-bin(Han Hyo-Joo). Choi worked in the royal palace as a lowly water maid. King Sok-jong then selected Choi as his concubine. Choi would then give to birth Yeong-jo, the second son of King Sok-jong and the future king of Joseon. After the birth of Yeong-jo. Dong-yi would become Suk-bin.
- “Dong Yi” is based on a true story.
- Names “Suk-bin” & “Hee-bin” refers to position titles of the king’s wives, while “Wang Hu” refers to the king’s first wife (holds highest position of all the king’s wives).
Dong Yi.zip (920.0 KiB, 29 hits)