Encounter is about a man and a woman are brought together by fate. The woman who seems to have it all and the man who doesn’t have anything meet, and they must decide which is harder to do: to give up wealth and authority, or to give up an ordinary life.
- Drama: Encounter (English title) / Boyfriend (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Namjachingoo
- Hangul: 남자친구
- Director: Park Shin-Woo
- Writer: Yoo Young-A
- Network: tvN
- Episodes: 16
- Release Date: November 28, 2018 – January 24, 2019
- Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 21:30
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
- Official Website
Cha Soo-Hyun (Song Hye-Kyo) is the daughter of a politician. After she graduated from college, she married the son from a family who runs a large company. Her marriage was a marriage of convenience for her politician father. Her husband though had an affair and wanted a divorce. Cha Soo-Hyun is now a divorcee. She is the CEO of a hotel.
Kim Jin-Hyeok (Park Bo-Gum) is an ordinary young man. He tries to find a regular job and works part-time jobs in the meantime. As he closes on his 20’s, Kim Jin-Hyeok decides to take a trip to Cuba. There, he meets Cha Soo-Hyun. They have a brief encounter. When he goes back to Korea, he receives a phone call from a hotel. Prior to leaving for Cuba, he had an interview at the hotel for a job. He learns that he is now hired and Cha Soo-Hyun is the CEO.
- Encounter Torrent Files takes over tvN’s Wed. & Thu. 21:30 time slot previously occupied by “Hundred Million Stars From the Sky” and followed by “Touch Your Heart” on February 6, 2019.