Gabdong, the Memories of Murder a mystery crime drama that’s based on a real case, the infamous Hwaseong serial killings that claimed ten women’s lives in the 1980s (and served as the basis for the movie Memories of Murder). While the case was never solved (its statute of limitations has run out), the drama posits that the criminal was someone named Gap-dong, who resurfaces twenty years after the original string of crimes to strike again.
- Drama: Gabdong, the Memories of Murder (English title)
- Revised romanization: Gapdongi
- Hangul: 갑동이
- Director: Jo Soo-Won
- Writer: Kwon Eum-Mi
- Network: tvN
- Episodes: 20
- Release Date: April 11 – June 21, 2014
- Official Website
20 years ago Moo-Yeom’s (Yoon Sang-Hyun) father was a suspect in the “Gap Dong” serial murder case. Because of the detectives’ oppressive investigation, Moo-Yeom’s father killed himself.
Now, Moo-Yeom is a detective and works to capture the killer Gap Dong. The statue of limitations has expired for the serial murder case and Moo-Yeom resigns to the belief that Gap Dong is dead. New clues though for Gap Dong appears in front of Moo-Yeom and he sets out to catch him once and for all.
- Gabdong, the Memories of Murder takes over tvN’s Fri & Sat 20:50 time slot previously occupied by “Emergency Couple” and followed by “Marriage Not Dating” on July 4, 2014.
- Drama series is inspired by the “Hwaseong serial murder case” which occurred from 1986 to 1991 in the Taean Neighborhood of Hwaseong, South Korea. Ten women were raped and murdered during that time period.
- Related titles (based on the true story “Hwaseong serial murder case”):
- Memories of Murder | Salinui Chueok (2003)
- Gabdong, the Memories of Murder | Gapdongi (tvN / 2014)
- Signal (tvN / 2016)
- Tunnel (OCN / 2017)
Gabdong, the Memories of Murder
Gabdong the Memories of Murder.zip (142.0 KiB, 74 hits)