ID: Gangnam Beauty is based on the webcomic series “내 ID는 강남미인” by Gi Maeng Gi which published from 2016-Apr-8 to 2017-Dec-29 via comic.naver.com.
Kang Mi Rae (Im Soo Hyang) gets plastic surgery after being bullied due to her appearance. However, she then gets teased as the “Gangnam plastic surgery monster”. The drama will follow her story of recovering self-esteem as she gets to know Do Kyung Suk (Cha Eun Woo), her fellow university classmate.
- Drama: ID: Gangnam Beauty (English title) / My ID is Gangnam Beauty (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Nae Aidineun Gangnammiin
- Hangul: 내 아이디는 강남미인
- Director: Choi Sung-Bum
- Writer: Gi Maeng-Gi (webcomic), Choi Soo-Young
- Network: JTBC
- Episodes: 16
- Release Date: July 27 – September 15, 2018
- Runtime: Friday & Saturday 23:00
- Official Website
Kang Mi-Rae had a timid personality due to her ugly appearance. She was teased by people and even bullied when she attended school. Now, Kang Mi-Rae is beautiful after undergoing plastic surgery, but she still has her timid personality. Kang Mi-Rae starts her first year at a university. People are still mean to her and call her “Gangnam Beauty” in a derogatory manner. Meanwhile, Do Kyung-Seok attends the same university. He does not judge people by their appearance. He cares about what’s on the inside rather than outside. Do Kyung-Seok begins to like Kang Mi-Rae.
- ID: Gangnam Beauty Torrent Files takes over the JTBC’s Friday & Saturday 23:00 time slot previously occupied by “Sketch” and followed by “The 3rd Charm” on September 28, 2018.