Mother is about A mother lives quietly with her son. One day, a girl is brutally killed, and the boy is charged with the murder. Now, it’s his mother’s mission to prove him innocent.
- Movie: Mother
- Revised Romanization: Madeo
- Hangul: 마더
- Director: Bong Joon-Ho
- Writer: Bong Joon-Ho, Park Eun-Kyo
- Producer: Park Tae-Jun, Moon Yang-Kwon, Seo Woo-Sik
- Cinematography: Hong Kyeong-Pyo
- World Premiere: May 16, 2009
- Release Date: May 28, 2009
- Runtime: 128 min.
- Genre: Drama / Mother & Son / Mystery / Best Film-Movie of the Year
Hye-ja (Kim Hye-Ja) is a long ago widowed mother who lives alone with her only son Do-jun (Won Bin). Although Do-jun is 28 years old, his mental capacity is far below someone his age and perhaps the reason for his many eccentric personality traits.
Late one night, Do-jun leaves a bar drunk and walks home. Along the way home, he follows a school girl down an alley, before a huge rock thrown his way chases him away. When he arrives home, Do-jun sleeps on the floor next to his mother like he always does.
The next day the police discover a murdered high school girl and a golf ball with Do-jun’s name inscribed on it near the crime scene. With only this small bit of evidence, Do-jun is taken into custody and promptly arrested for her murder. His defense attorney looks for a quick plea bargain – which would require Do-jun to spend four years in detention – which isn’t an option for Hye-ja and her only son. Faced with no other options, Hye-ja takes the initiative to prove her son’s innocence.
- Screenplay for Mother was written specifically with veteran actress Kim Hye-Ja in mind and her character is named “Hye-ja” accordingly.
Mother-2009-Movie.zip (143.0 KiB, 68 hits)