My Lawyer, Mr. Joe is based on the original webtoon “Dongnebyunhosa Jodeulho / 동네변호사 조들호” by Hatchling (해츨링) which was first published on 2013-March-03 via “comic.naver.com/webtoon“.
- Drama: My Lawyer, Mr. Joe (English title) / Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-Ho (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Dongnebyunhosa Jodeulho
- Hangul: 동네변호사 조들호
- Director: Lee Jung-Sub
- Writer: Haechoolring (webcomic), Lee Hyang-Hee
- Network: KBS2
- Episodes: 20
- Release Date: March 28 – May 31, 2016
Jo Deul-Ho (Park Shin-Yang) grew up in an orphanage, but is now a promising prosecutor. His wife (Park Sol-Mi) is an attorney and the daughter of a big law firm CEO (Kang Shin-Il). They have one daughter together. Jo Deul-Ho’s life is about to change drastically after he decides to prosecute powerful CEO Jung (Jung Won-Joong). Jo Deul-Ho learned that his close childhood friend from the orphanage was setup as the fall guy in a fatal arson case caused by CEO Jung’s own son. While prosecuting CEO Jung, Jo Deul-Ho is framed by those closest around him and is charged with accepting bribes from the defendant. His career is effectively over.
3 years later, Jo Deul-Ho is now homeless and lives on streets. He happens to meet Lee Eun-Zo (Kang So-Ra) who mistakes him for a pickpocket. Lee Eun-Zo is a rookie attorney and works for the law firm run by Jo Deul-Ho’s ex-father-in-law. In front of him, his close childhood friend is hit by a truck and dies. After his funeral, Jo Deul-Ho learns that the police have arrested a new suspect in the fatal arson case. Jo Deul-Ho begins his new career as a lawyer.
- My Lawyer, Mr. Joe takes over the KBS2 Mon & Tue 22:00 time slot previously occupied by “Babysitter” and followed by “Ms. Perfect” June 6, 2016.
- Related titles (drama series):
- My Lawyer, Mr. Joe | Dongnebyunhosa Jodeulho (KBS2 / 2016)
- My Lawyer, Mr. Joe 2: Crime and Punishment | Dongnebyunhosa Jodeulho 2 (KBS2 / 2019)
My Lawyer, Mr. Joe
My Lawyer, Mr. Joe.Complete.HDTV.x264.720p.Hel.torrent (92.3 KiB, 35 hits)