Ordinary Person is about major crimes unit detective Seong-jin arrests Tae-sung for petty crimes, but shocked to find out that he is the notorious serial killer. However, Seong-jin becomes doubtful of his identity as the serial murder case is investigated.
- Movie: Ordinary Person (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Botongsaram
- Hangul: 보통사람
- Director: Kim Bong-Han
- Writer: Kim Bong-Han (original story & dramatization), Samuel
- Producer: Jang Sung-Won, Kim Yong-Sun, Park Chul-Soo, Nam Ji-Woong
- Cinematographer: Kim Sung-Chul
- Release Date: March 23, 2017
- Runtime: 121 min.
- Genre: Drama / Period-1980 / Police
Spring, 1987. Sung-Jin (Son Hyun-Joo) is an enthusiastic detective with a wife (Ra Mi-Ran) and a son. His dream is to live with his family in a 2 story home. One day, he happens to catch
Tae-Sung (Jo Dal-Hwan). He is a suspected serial killer and the first suspected serial killer in South Korea. Due to this incident, Sung-Jin gets involved in a secret operation led by NSP Chief Kyoo-Nam (Jang Hyuk).
Meanwhile, newspaper reporter Jae-Jin (Kim Sang-Ho) senses something suspicious about Tae-Sung’s case. He recommends that Sung-Jin be removed from the case, but Sung-Jin has no choice but to get involved in the secret operation. He needs money for his son’s operation.