Secret Royal Inspector, which is a real historical position unique to the Joseon Dynasty, was a government official who was specially appointed by the king and dispatched incognito to local provinces to hear the stories of the people and monitor officials for corruption.
- Drama: Secret Royal Inspector: Joseon Secret Investigation Team (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Amhaengeosa
- Hangul: 암행어사
- Director: Kim Jung-Min
- Writer: Park Sung-Hoon, Kang Min-Sun
- Network: KBS2
- Episodes: 16
- Release Date: December 21, 2020 – February 9, 2021
- Runtime: Mon & Tue 21:30
- Official Website
Set towards the end of the Joseon era, Sung Yi-Gyeom (Kim Myung-Soo) placed first in the state examination and he now works at the Hongmungwan (administrative and research department). He doesn’t have a goal or ambition for his life. One day, Sung Yi-Gyeom is caught gambling.
As punishment, he is assigned to work as a secret royal inspector. His job is to eradicate illegal acts and corruption by public officers. He carries out his new job with the help of Hong Da-In (Kwon Na-Ra) and Park Chun-Sam (Lee Yi-Kyung). Hong Da-In is a female inspector and solves cases with Sung Yi-Gyeom. Park Chun-Sam is Sung Yi-Gyeom’s servant. Park Chun-Sam is talkative, affectionate, and tearful.
Meanwhile, Sung Yi-Beom (Lee Tae-Hwan) is Sung Yi-Gyeom’s younger stepbrother.
His father is a nobleman, but his mother is a slave. Due to his mother’s low social status, his father does not accept him as his real son and he is barred from having certain opportunities. He opposes his older stepbrother Sung Yi-Gyeom.
- Secret Royal Inspector takes over KBS2’s Monday & Tuesday 21:30 time slot previously occupied by “Zombie Detective” and will be followed by “River Where the Moon Rises” February, 2021.
- Download subtitles for Secret Royal Inspector here.
Secret Royal Inspector
Secret Royal Inspector.zip (1.4 MiB, 34 hits)