“Swing Kids” is a movie about a group of passionate dancers at the Geoje city prison camp in 1951 who get together to form a chaotic dance troop called Swing Kids. With the rising popularity of “Swing Kids,” photos by war correspondent Werner Bischof of the Geoje city prison camp are garnering attention from people online.
- Movie: Swing Kids
- Revised romanization: Seuwingkizeu
- Hangul: 스윙키즈
- Director: Kang Hyung-Chul
- Writer: Kang Hyung-Chul
- Producer: Ahn Hee-Jin, Yoo Sung-Kwon, Lee An-Na
- Cinematographer: Kim Ji-Yong
- Release Date: December 19, 2018
- Runtime: 133 min.
- Genre: Drama / Period-1950 / Dance
Set during the Korean War, North Korean and Chinese prisoners of war are sent to a camp on Geoje Island in South Korea. The POW camp itself is under intense strife between prisoners who are pro-communists and anti-communists. Rho Ki-Soo (Do Kyung-Soo) is a young North Korean soldier held at the Geoje POW Camp.
Meanwhile, Sergeant Jackson (Jared Grimes) is ordered by a superior officer into forming a tap dancing team from the POW camp. He holds an audition in the camp and selects Chinese soldier Xiaofang (Kim Min-Ho), South Korean Kang Byung-Sam (Oh Jung-Se) who was falsely accused of being a communist sympathizer and civilian Yang Pan-Rae (Park Hye-Soo) who wants to support her family. Sergeant Jackson also recognizes the immense talent Rho Ki-Soo has for dance. Soon, the “Swing Kids” are formed, but will their dreams of dancing come true?
- Swing Kids Torrent Files is based on Korean musical “Rho Ki-Soo,” written by Jang Woo-Sung and directed by Kim Tae-Hyung.