Sympathy for Lady Vengeance: After a 13-year imprisonment for the kidnap and murder of a 6 year old boy, beautiful Lee Guem-ja starts seeking revenge on the man that was really responsible for the boy’s death. With the help of fellow inmates and reunited with her daughter, she gets closer and closer to her goal. But will her actions lead to the relief she seeks?
- Movie: Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
- Revised romanization: Chinjeolhan Geumjassi
- Hangul: 친절한 금자씨
- Director: Park Chan-Wook
- Assistant Director: Seok Min-Woo
- Writer: Jung Seo-Kyoung, Park Chan-Wook
- Producer: Cho Young-wuk, Lee Chun-yeong, Lee Tae-hun
- Cinematography: Jeong Jeong-hun
- Release Date: July 29, 2005 (South Korea)
- Runtime: 112 min.
- Genre: Revenge / Suspense-Thriller
Lee Geum-Ja (Lee Young-Ae) is released from prison after serving 13 years for kidnapping and murdering a young boy. A small crowd, including a preacher (Kim Byung-Ok), await for her. The preacher offers her the traditional tofu as a symbol of her new, reformed life, but Lee Geum-Ja tosses it aside and walks away. Now that she has her freedom, she can put the pretenses aside and get down to business. Lee Geum-Ja is out to exact revenge upon Mr. Paek (Choi Min-Sik), the man that framed her and ruined her life.
Lee Geum-Ja begins her quest by visiting and recruiting the help of former prisoners she bonded with in prison. She also gets a job at a bakery. Geum-Ja is also reunited with her now adopted daughter Jenny (Kwon Ye-Young).