“The Battle: Roar to Victory” is a war movie based on the 1920 Battle of Bongodong, a confrontation between Korean independence fighters and Japanese forces that took place during the Japanese occupation of Korea. Ryu Jun Yeol stars in the film as Lee Jang Ha, a young independence militia leader who is a skilled sniper, while Yoo Hae Jin stars as Hwang Hae Chul, a former bandit who has joined the fight for freedom.
- Movie: The Battle: Roar to Victory (English title) / Bongodong Battle (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Bongodong Jeontoo
- Hangul: 봉오동 전투
- Director: Won Shin-Yeon
- Writer: Chun Jin-Woo
- Producer: Kim Tae-Won
- Cinematographer: Kim Young-Ho
- Release Date: August 7, 2019
- Runtime: 135 min.
- Genre: Period-1920 / War / Action
Over a 4 day period, a fierce battle takes place between Korean independence militias and Japanese forces in Manchuria, China. The militia includes Hwang Hae-Cheol (Yu Hae-Jin), who is a master with the sword, and Lee Jang-Ha (Ryoo Joon-Yeol), who is an expert marksman.
- The Battle: Roar to Victory is began August 16, 2018 and finished January 18, 2019.
- Early working title was “Jeontoo” (“Battle”).
The Battle: Roar to Victory
The Battle Roar to Victory.zip (121.9 KiB, 34 hits)