King Jinpyeong did not have any sons to name as a successor to his throne. Thus he named his eldest daughter, Princess Duk Man, to be his successor. The drama will be about the life of Princess Duk Man who was later known as Queen Seon Duk, the first Queen of Silla.
- Drama: The Great Queen Seondeok
- Revised romanization: Seondeok Yeowang
- Hangul: 선덕여왕
- Director: Park Hong-Kyun, Kim Keun-Hong
- Writer: Kim Young-Hyun, Park Sang-Yeon
- Network: MBC
- Episodes: 62
- Release Date: May 25 – December 22, 2009
Deokman (Queen Seondeok’s childhood name) was born a twin but was abandoned as a baby. She was later brought back to the Silla palace, where she joined forces with her twin sister Princess Chonmyong to oppose Mi-shil, who wanted to seize power. Mi-shil devised sinister plans to have the two Silla princesses exiled from the kingdom, and in a secretive battle, Princess Chonmyong was assassinated by Mi-shil. But Princess Deokman shrewdly enlisted the help of General Kim Yusin and eliminated her archenemy Mi-shil. She became the first female ruler of the Silla kingdom.
- The Great Queen Seondeok is based on the life of Queen Seondeok of Silla (ruled 632-647).
The Great Queen Seondeok
The Great Queen Seondeok.HDTV.XviD_HANrel.torrent (117.3 KiB, 338 hits)