When My Love Blooms is about a woman named Yoon Ji Soo who reunites with her first love Han Jae-Hyun when they are in their 40s. Lee Bo Young and Yoo Ji Tae are set to play the middle-aged Yoon Ji Soo and Han Jae-Hyun of present day, while Jeon So Nee and GOT7’s Jinyoung are playing the characters’ younger counterparts from the ’90s.
Present day Han Jae Hyun (Yoo Ji Tae) is a cold businessman. Though he participated in student rights movements in the past, he has changed and now spends his time in pursuit of wealth and prestige. When he reunites with his first love, he starts to question himself. Meanwhile, Yoon Ji Soo (Lee Bo Young) is a working mom with an unstable job, but doesn’t waver no matter the situation.
- Drama: When My Love Blooms (English title) / The Most Beautiful Moment in Life (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Hwayangyeonhwa: Salmi Kkochi Dweneun Soongan
- Hangul: 화양연화 – 삶이 꽃이 되는 순간
- Director: Son Jung-Hyun
- Writer: Jeon Hee-Young
- Network: tvN
- Episodes: 16
- Release Date: April 25 – June 14, 2020
- Runtime: Sat. & Sun. 21:00
Han Jae-Hyun (Yoo Ji-Tae) is a man in his 40’s. He is handsome, ambitious, and a successful businessman. He pursues wealth and honor. When he was a university student (Jin Young) in his 20’s, he was like a different person. He took part in the student movement. His first love around that time was Yoon Ji-Soo (Jeon So-Nee). He meets Yoon Ji-Soo (Lee Bo-Young) for the first time in many years.
Yoon Ji-Soo is a woman in her 40’s. She is a mother and a contract worker. Her life is not so easy now. Han Jae-Hyun was her first love back when she was in her 20’s. They meet again for the first time in many years and have the second most beautiful moment in their lives.
- When My Love Blooms Torrent Files takes over tvN’s Sat. & Sun. 21:00 time slot previously occupied by “Hi Bye Mama” and followed by “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” June 20, 2020.