The Pirates: On the eve of the founding of the Joseon Dynasty, a whale swallows the Emperor’s Seal of State being brought to Joseon by envoys from China. With a big reward on whoever brings back the royal seal, mountain bandits led by Jang Sa-jung go out to sea to hunt down the whale. But he soon clashes with Yeo-wol, a female captain of pirates, and unexpected adventure unfolds.
- Movie: The Pirates
- Revised romanization: Haejuk: Badaro Gan Sanjuk
- Hangul: 해적: 바다로 간 산적
- Director: Lee Suk-Hoon
- Writer: Chun Sung-Il, Lee Suk-Hoon, Choi Lee-Young
- Producer: Park A-Hyoung, Kim Dae-Seung, Lim Young-Ho, Chun Sung-Il
- Cinematographer: Kim Young-Ho
- Release Date: August 6, 2014
- Runtime: 130 min.
- Genre: Action / Adventure| / Maritime / Period
Set during the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty period, envoys lose the Emperor’s Royal Seal to a giant whale. Jang Sa-Jung (Kim Nam-Gil) leads a group of bandits and he attempts to retrieve the seal. Jang Sa-Jung and his group then run into a group of pirates led by Yeo-Wol (Son Ye-Jin).
- The Pirates starts filming began August 15, 2013 on Cheongwan Mountain, which is located in Jangheung, South Jeolla Province, South Korea.
The Pirates.zip (32.8 KiB, 101 hits)