The Uncanny Counter tells the story of demon-hunting “counters” who disguise themselves as employees of a noodle restaurant to find and defeat demons. The story will cover the battle between evil spirits that come down to Earth for eternal life and counters that are equipped with various abilities like psychometry and healing.
- Drama: The Uncanny Counter (English title) / Amazing Rumor (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Kyeongirowoon Somoon
- Hangul: 경이로운 소문
- Director: Yoo Sun-Dong
- Writer: Jang Yi (webcomic), Yeo Ji-Na
- Network: OCN
- Episodes: 16
- Release Date: November 28, 2020 – January 24, 2021
- Runtime: Sat. & Sun. 22:30
- Official Website
A group of people are called “Counter.” Their purpose is to hunt down evil spirits and they each have their own special abilities. The group disguises themselves as employees at noodle restaurant.
So Moon (Joe Byeong-Gyu) is a high school student and he is the youngest member of “Counter.” His special ability is his physical strength. As a child, he was involved in a suspicious car accident. His parents died in the accident and he was left with a limp in his left leg.
Ga Mo-Tak (Yu Jun-Sang) is a former police officer. He had an accident 7 years ago, which caused him to lose his memory. He is a righteous person.
Do Ha-Na (Kim Se-Jeong) can sense evil spirits from hundreds of kilometers away. When she touches someone, she can read their memories.
Chu Mae-Ok (Yum Hye-Ran) is the chef of the noodle restaurant. She is the anchor of “Counter.”
Choi Jang-Mool (Ahn Suk-Hwan) is the first “Counter” of Korea. He is in charge of managing expenses fr the group.
- The Uncanny Counter takes over OCN’s Sat. & Sun. 22:30 time slot previously occupied by “Search” and followed by “Times” on February 20, 2021.
- Based on webcomic “Kyeongirowoon Somoon” written by Jang Yi (published from August 23, 2018 via Daum Webtoon).
The Uncanny Counter
The Uncanny Counter.zip (1.2 MiB, 213 hits)